Saturday, September 16, 2006

More Filet Crochet





This is filet crochet valance also done with a number 7 steel hook and size 10 crochet thread. The snowflake pattern is from The Filet Crochet Book, a great book of beautiful and do-able patterns. I don't know if the book is still in print, but most libraries have it.
I have a very odd gauge, so to make my pattern come out with the squares actually being square, I have to work the grid using three double crochets for the filled in spaces and for the open spaces just double crochet, then chain one, then another double crochet.
Most filet crochet is worked with a four double crochet grid. Mine turns out rectangle if to that, so I have to compensate. I don't know why that happens, I guess the way I hold the hook, or my tension.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have this book and I used this pattern to make a fireplace mantel scarf, I bought some small tassels and put them between the points.

You do some beautiful work!!